HISTORY

1957

Foundation of the enterprise as sand & gravel company by Anton Lasselsberger sen.

 

1967

Startup of the first concrete factory

 

1990

Start of business activities in Hungary

Foundation of Lasselsberger-Knauf Kft. as 50:50 joint venture with German Knauf Group

 

1993

Start of international trading and transport activities in Malta

 

1994

Acquisition of raw and building materials companies in Hungary

 

1996

Start of business activities in Slovakia

 

1997

Entry into the cement business in Romania

 

1998 – 2002

Acquisition of leading ceramic companies in Czech Republic (Keramika Horni Briza, Chlumcanske keramicke, Rako) and merge into one company

 

2003 – 2004

Takeover of the Zalakeramia Group, the leading tile producer in Hungary, including the Romanian tiles producer Cesarom

Acquisiton of V&B tiles production plants in Romania and Hungary

 

2004

Acquisition of leading tile producers in Slovakia and Romania

 

2005 – 2006

Sale of business lines outside the core business

Demerger of big Czech company into three separated companies each belonging to Division Ceramics, Minerals and Building Materials

 

2006

Opening of branches in Russia (Moscow and Ufa)

 

2007 – 2009

Construction of a new tile production facility in Ufa (Russia)

 

2013

Start of the third production line at tile production facility in Russia

 

2015 – 2016

Modernization and extension of ceramic production capacities in Romania and Hungary

Installation of a new tiles production line in Czech Republic

Enlargement of existing cooperation with German Knauf Group by production of perlit

Acquisition of a Hungarian sand and gravel company

 

2017

Startup of a new distribution center for tiles in Czech Republic

Modernization and extension of ceramic production capacities in Czech Republic

Start of one of the most modern concrete plants of Europe in Austria

 

2018

Acquisition of a kaolin producer in Russia